- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brussels Sprout, Leek & Mushroom Dressing Recipe Video
|Brussels sprouts||1 Pound, frozen (or fresh, as needed)|
|Button mushrooms||1 Pound (as needed)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Italian bread/French bread||1 Large (loaf)|
|Northern italian seasoning/Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Giblet stock/Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh sage||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1822 Calories from Fat 898
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g157.8%
Saturated Fat 38.9 g194.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 2354.2 mg98.1%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.4%
Dietary Fiber 44 g175.8%
Sugars 54.5 g
Protein 50 g100.4%
Vitamin A 396.2% Vitamin C 834.6%
Calcium 99.1% Iron 177.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Split the leeks vertically in half and rinse thoroughly under cold running water. Slice into small pieces.
2) Cut the Brussels sprouts into halves.
3) Slice the mushrooms.
4) Cut the bread into cubes.
5) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
6) In each of the two saute pans or skillets, add 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil, heat until the butter is melted.
7) In one pan, add the leeks and Brussels sprouts.
8) In another pan, slice and add the mushrooms.
9) Sprinkle all the vegetables with salt and pepper. Allow to cook over a medium-low heat for a few minutes until slightly tender.
10) In a large glass bowl, add the bread cubes and season generously with black pepper and kosher salt.
11) Then drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of melted butter and about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss until the bread is nicely moistened and combined.
12) Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, mix to combine and spread out the bread cubes in a sheet pan in an even layer.
13) Place the bread cubes in the preheated oven until golden and slightly crisp.
14) In a large mixing bowl, add the bread cubes, mushrooms, leeks and Brussels sprouts, mix to combine.
15) Pour over some giblet stock or chicken broth, then finely chop and add the sage. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
16) Transfer the mixture into a heavy baking dish and ladle over some more giblet stock. Cook in the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
17) Use the Brussels Sprout, Leek & Mushroom Dressing as an accompaniment for roast turkey.