- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brushcetta Recipe Video
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped finely (FOR TOPPING)|
|Cherry tomatoes||4 Medium, cut to 1/4 (FOR TOPPING)|
|Black olives||3 Small, cut to 1/4 (FOR TOPPING)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (FOR TOPPING)|
|Basil leaves||3 Medium, torn (FOR TOPPING)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Dash (or Balsamic vinegar (FOR TOPPING))|
|Black pepper||3 Pinch (to taste)|
|Sea salt||3 Pinch (to taste)|
|Baguette roll||1 Medium, sliced to thick pieces (FOR BREAD)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (FOR BREAD)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (FOR GARNISHING)|
|Rocket leaves||1 Tablespoon (FOR GARNISHING)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (FOR GARNISHING)|
Calories 561 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.1 mg
Sodium 1158.5 mg48.3%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the onion, cherry tomatoes, black olives.
2. Slice the baguette roll into thick slices.
3. In a bowl add the onions, cherry tomatoes, black olives, garlic, basil, red wine vinegar, black pepper, sea salt. Stir them with a spoon and mix them well.
4. In another bowl, put the baguette slices, pour the olive oil and toss it to coat it well.
5. Heat a char grill pan to smoking hot.
6. Place the bread and char grill it to golden brown and crisp on both sides.
7. Take a serving platter, arrange the char grilled bread.
8. Put the topping on them, garnish with rocket leaves, grate some parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil on it over it. Finish it off with some black pepper and sea salt if desired and serve hot.