- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bruschetta With Tomato And Basil Recipe
|Baguette/Crusty long loaf||1⁄2 , sliced into 8 pieces (8 Pieces)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, cracked away from skin|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Plum tomatoes||3 Small, halved and seeded|
|Fresh basil leaves||20|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 251.9 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Under hot broiler pan place bread slices and toast each on each side.
3. Rub toasts with cracked garlic and drizzle with oil.
4. In a small bowl place the seeded tomatoes after chopping them.
5. Thinly slice basil into green confetti after piling the leaves on top of one another and rolling into a log.
6. Into the bowl containing the chopped tomatoes mix in the basil slices and loosely with tomatoes.
7. Add a drizzle of oil and a little coarse salt to the bowl and gently toss tomatoes and basil to coat.
8. To serve place a bowl on serving platter with a serving spoon and arrange toasts around the platter.