- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bruschetta Tilapia- Healthy, Fresh and Easy Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, diced|
|Fresh basil leaves||10 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Mild cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (vermont cheddar cheese is preferred)|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.5 mg34.5%
Sodium 610.4 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 36 g72.4%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 46.7%
Calcium 45.9% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To a bowl add tomatoes, basil and garlic. Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil (can more if needed).
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour (overnight for maximum flavor)
4. Brush casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place fillets in the dish
5. Drizzle the fillets with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
8. Top fillets with tomato basil mixture
9. Bake for around 25 minutes or until fish is flaky and tender
10. Remove from oven, sprinkle fish with cheese.
11. Place back into the oven just until cheese has melted. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
12. In a serving plate, serve the tilapia fillets hot with choice of bread or salad or any other side of choice.