- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Chicken Okra Brunswick Stew Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Frozen succotash||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen sliced okra||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole peppercorns/Pepper to taste||10|
|Bay leaves||2 , crushed|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
Calories 779 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.8%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.9 mg
Sodium 1382 mg57.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.2%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 76 g151.3%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 48.8%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a casserole dish, combine chicken, water, peppercorns and bay leaves. Mix well.
2) Cook covered on high power for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) Cook again, covered, on medium power for 30 minutes or until the chicken turns tender.
4) Strain and return the broth to dish. To this, add tomatoes, onion, succotash, okra and salt.
5) Cook covered on medium power for 15 to 17 minutes, stirring once.
6) Parallelly, remove chicken from bone.
7) Add the chicken to the stew and heat, covered, on high for 3 to 5 minutes.
8) Serve in a bowl, along with salted crackers.