- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Chicken Okra Brunswick Stew Recipe
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Frozen succotash||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen sliced okra||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bay leaves||2 , crushed|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.1 mg
Sodium 1422.1 mg59.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 79 g158.6%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 59.7%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a casserole dish, combine chicken, water, peppercorns and bay leaves. Mix well.
2) Cook covered on high power for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) Cook again, covered, on medium power for 30 minutes or until the chicken turns tender.
4) Strain and return the broth to dish. To this, add tomatoes, onion, succotash, okra and salt.
5) Cook covered on medium power for 15 to 17 minutes, stirring once.
6) Parallelly, remove chicken from bone.
7) Add the chicken to the stew and heat, covered, on high for 3 to 5 minutes.
8) Serve in a bowl, along with salted crackers.