- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Browned Butter With Mizithra Recipe
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced (Medium Size)|
|Myzithra cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1808 Calories from Fat 905
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.2%
Saturated Fat 60.3 g301.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 288.3 mg
Sodium 790 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 64 g128.2%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 46.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook pasta according to package directions.
2) Drain pasta and keep aside.
3) Meanwhile, in a small deep skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat
4) Stir in garlic and cook until butter turns light brown.
5) Watch the butter carefully to avoid burning. Burnt butter has to be discarded.
6) Pour the butter sauce over pasta and toss to coat well.
12) In individual serving dishes, place the pasta and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese on top.
10) Serve the pasta immediately with crusty bread.