- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Gravy Recipe
|Meat drippings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.6%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.5 mg
Sodium 3846.9 mg160.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange the ingredients and a roast.
2) To collect meat drippings, lift roast from pan, and place on heated platter.
3) Let stand 20 minutes.
4) In roasting pan, pour off the drippings.
5) Skim off fat from surface and discard.
6) Transfer 1/4 cup drippings to pan.
7) Stir in flour, to make a smooth mixture; brown it slightly over low heat, stirring to scrape anyy brown bits in pan.
8) Add water to beef broth to measure 2 cups; gradually stir into flour mixture; add salt and pepper.
9) Bring to boiling, stirring gravy until smooth, and bubbly.
10) Use the gravy to simmer meats.