- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Beef Stew Recipe
|Beef drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , quartered|
|Carrots||6 Small, quartered|
|Green pepper||1 , cut in slices|
|Celery stalks||3 , cut in pieces|
|Small potatoes||10 Ounce (Drained)|
|Lean chuck||3 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.6%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.2 mg39.4%
Sodium 1551.9 mg64.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 29 g58.8%
Vitamin A 141.7% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325° F.
2) Dredge meat using flour seasoned with pepper and salt.
3) Take a skillet and heat beef drippings in it.
4) Add the seasoned meat and cook.
5) Sprinkle with sugar and continue to cook until dark brown.
6) Transfer meat to a large casserole.
7) Sauté garlic and onion in the same fat until tender.
8) Add to meat along with seasonings and bouillon.
9) Cover tightly and cook for about 1 1/2 hours.
10) Add carrots, tomatoes, celery and green pepper.
11) Cover and cook for about 40 minutes.
12) Add potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes or until just heated through.
13) Serve Brown Beef Stew hot.