- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Sugar Meringue Nests Recipe Video
|Egg||3 (for meringue nests)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for meringue nests)|
|Vanilla extarct||1 Teaspoon (for meringue nests)|
|Whipped cream||8 Ounce (for filling)|
|Confectioner sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for filling)|
|Raspberry extract||1 Teaspoon (for filling)|
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 239.6 mg
Sodium 68.8 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 82.5 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.2% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree.
2. On a non-stick baking sheet spread brown sugar. Place it in the oven for about 8 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, and allow it to cool completely.
4. In food processor put brown sugar. Blend and bring it to a granulated state.
5. In a large bowl, add egg whites, and beat until they form stiff peaks.
6. Pour vanilla extract, and mix.
7. Then, gradually add brown sugar to the egg , whisking after every addition.
8. On a parchment paper make 6 circles with marker. Flip the paper.
9. Using a spoon, scoop the mixture on the outline of the paper.
10. Pop it in oven, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
11. Turn off, and allow the meringue to cool inside the oven for 30-40 minutes.
12. In a bowl, whip cream and sugar until stiff.
13. Top each meringue with cream and raspberry extract.
14. Serve meringue topped with mini chocolate filled eggs.