- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Sugar Fudge Recipe
|Light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), packed|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.4 mg13.8%
Sodium 12.3 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 75.7 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.54%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large (3-quart) microwaveable casserole, combine brown sugar, cream and syrup.
2. Place in the microwave and cook for about 17 minutes, stirring twice during cooking, until it is bubbly and reaches soft ball stage. To check, spoon a few drops of hot syrup into a cup of cold water. It should form a soft ball when rolled.
3. Let syrup cool slightly
4. Beat with electric mixer for 10 to 12 minutes, until mixture is thick and creamy.
5. Fold in the nuts.
6. Pour the fudge into a well greased dish.
7. Let cool completely.
8. Cut cooled fudge into squares or diamonds.
9. Wrap each one plastic wrap if you like or place in foil line pastry cases.