- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Sugar Fruit Cake Recipe
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), firmly packed|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Powdered mace||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Seedless raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Dried currants||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Citron||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3938 Calories from Fat 1233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g215.7%
Saturated Fat 83.2 g416.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 757 mg
Sodium 1467.6 mg61.1%
Total Carbohydrates 655 g218.5%
Dietary Fiber 23 g92.2%
Sugars 388.3 g
Protein 52 g103.6%
Vitamin A 89.8% Vitamin C 42.2%
Calcium 83.8% Iron 155.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat the butter or margarine until soft; gradually add the sugar and beat until creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift 1 3/4 cups of the flour with the baking soda, salt and spices; combine the milk with the molasses and lemon extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk mixture to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup sifted flour over the fruit.
5. Pour a layer of cake batter into the baking pan; sprinkle with a layer of the fruit; continue, repeating layers until all is used.
6. Bake 1 1/4 hours. After the first half hour of baking, cover the baking pan with paper so the cake does not brown too much.