- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Rice With Bay Leaves Recipe
|Bay leaves||4 , crumbled|
|Brown rice||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg
Sodium 326.4 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 0.52%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, stir butter until melted over low heat with the bay leaves.
2) Into the pan, now add 3 1/4 cups water and the salt and allow the liquid to boil.
3) Now add the rice, cover tightly and reduce the heat to minimum.
4) Further cook for 45 minutes till the rice is just cooked through.
5) Serve steaming hot with curd dip of your choice.