- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Rice, Tofu, and Eggs Recipe
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root piece||1 Inch, peeled, finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cored|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded, and diced|
|Snow peas||6 Ounce, strings removed, sliced into thirds|
|Snow peas||6 Ounce|
|Scallions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Scallions||4 , trimmed and thinly sliced, white and green parts separated|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tamari/Low sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Raw brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked to make 3 cups|
|Tofu||10 Ounce, chopped (Bean Curd)|
|Tofu||10 Ounce, roughly chopped|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
Calories 682 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 215 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 34.5% Vitamin C 115.4%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat the peanut oil and sautÃ© the gingerroot, stirring it often, until it is fragrant.
2. Then add the red bell pepper and saute it, stirring it often, until it begins to soften.
3. Then sautÃ© in together the snow peas and the white part of the scallions until the snow peas turn bright green and add the tamari or soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar.
4. Add the rice and stir the ingredients well.
5. Continue stirring after adding the tofu such that the ingredients are mixed.
6. Add the eggs and stir them until they have set and stir in the green part of the scallions.
7. Season the dish with the pepper and serve.