- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Rice Stuffing Recipe
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash, freshly ground|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2007 Calories from Fat 985
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g165.2%
Saturated Fat 27.4 g136.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.4 mg
Sodium 4975.4 mg207.3%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.3%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 63 g125.5%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 38.5% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, add in the rice, chicken stock and salt.
2) Let the mixture come to a boil. Mix well.
3) Turn down the heat, cover the pan and cook on simmer for about 45 minutes.
4) In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add in the onion, celery and garlic and saute the mixture till it becomes tender.
5) Add the vegetable mixture into the rice. Season it with salt, black pepper and chopped nuts. Toss the mixture well.
6) The Brown Rice Stuffing can be used to stuff turkey and chicken.