- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Rice and Yam Pudding Recipe Video
|Whole milk/Coconut milk||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), divided (1/2 cup for egg mixture)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Short grain brown rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yams/Butternut squash||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or agave/maple syrup)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.4 mg
Sodium 188 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 13 g27%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 26% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large vessel pour in milk, add in sea salt and brown rice. Stir and turn the stove on to medium – high heat. Bring to boil.
2. Turn the heat to low and cover the vessel, let it simmer for 60 minutes.
3. After 60 minutes remove the lid and add in the yams, stir around and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile in a medium bowl add in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, honey, cranberries and milk. Mix with fork.
5. Remove the lid of the vessel and add in egg mixture. Simmer for another 20 minutes.
6. Garnish Rice Pudding with toasted nuts, honey and whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!