- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Onions Recipe
|Onions||2 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Corn oil||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 498 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 45.4 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.1%
Sugars 48.1 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 139.9%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a cured heavy iron skillet, pour the corn oil.
2) Now, with a paper towel, wipe the oil from the inner surface of the skillet.
3) Over medium heat, place the skillet.
4) Then, add the sliced onions.
5) Cook for 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
6) Now, reduce the heat and continue to cook for 30 minutes, stirring in between. Cook for a little longer if required, to lightly brown the onions.
7) You can use this as a garnish on steaks, chops, meat patties, or chicken. Refrigerate the leftover onions and use later, after reheating.