- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Butter Icing Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Confectioners' powdered sugar||1 Pound (10X , Sifted)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2655 Calories from Fat 818
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.2%
Saturated Fat 58.8 g294.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.6 mg
Sodium 35 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 457 g152.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 441.5 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 57.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.1% Iron 0.22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine until liquid bubbles up, gets foamy and is lightly browned.
2) Take the pan away from heat at once.
3) In a large bowl, place butter with sugar and mix until evenly crumble.
4) Sprinkle milk over and blend well until smooth.
5) Stir little more milk, if needed to make smooth and spreadable.
6) Use as desired over cakes.