- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Butter Hanger Steaks | Paleo Recipe Video
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Truffle salt||1 Pinch|
|Lemon thyme||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Hanger steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salted butter||1 Tablespoon (Pasture Butter)|
|For green beans|
|Green beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.6 mg
Sodium 154.1 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needcast iron skillet
1. Preheat oven to roast at 400 degree, before searing the steak.
2. Peel and mince the garlic.
3. Pour four cups of water to a medium sauce pan, once the water comes to a boil add the green beans and boil them until fork tender.
4. Rinse steak under cool water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
5. Carefully trim any silver skin from the steak.
6. Once the beans are done drain the water and keep it aside.
7. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and melt the butter until brown.
8. Sear steak for 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping once.
9. During the last minute of searing on the second side, sprinkle the top of the steak with truffle salt, minced garlic, and top with lemon thyme sprigs.
10. Remove from heat, and place skillet in the oven.
11. Roast the steak in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
12. In the meantime in a small pan slightly toss the green beans in butter. Season with salt.
13. Remove steak from oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
14. Thinly slice the steak against the grain
15. Serve with tossed greens beans in butter.