- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Butter Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , zested|
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.1 mg
Sodium 630.9 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
2. Place a small saucepan on low flame and drop butter in it. Slowly cook butter until deep brown.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, vanilla, and lemon zest. Mix well.
4. Keep whisking and pour butter into the mixing bowl with egg.
5. Drop dry mixture into the bowl with wet ingredients. Mix to combine.
6. Place a heavy skillet on medium flame and fry pancake in it. Cook until you see bubbles on the surface. Flip and cook for 1 minute. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
7. Serve pancake hot with maple syrup.