- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brown Beef Stew Recipe
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Beef drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , quartered|
|Carrots||6 Small, quartered|
|Green pepper||1 , cut in slices|
|Celery stalks||3 , cut into pieces|
|Potatoes||10 Ounce, drained|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4452 Calories from Fat 2369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.8%
Saturated Fat 105 g525%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 945.5 mg
Sodium 6277.8 mg261.6%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.5%
Dietary Fiber 41.2 g165%
Sugars 54.9 g
Protein 248 g496.6%
Vitamin A 1104.3% Vitamin C 480.2%
Calcium 37.5% Iron 129%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Cube the meat into 1 ½ inch cubes.
3. Dredge the meat with flour which is seasoned with pepper and alt.
4. Sear the meat with hot beef drippings.
5. Spray with sugar and brown it until the mixture turns dark.
6. Spread the meat to a large casserole.
7. Take a skillet and fry the onions and garlic in it using the same fat until it turns tender.
8. Combine the onions with meat, seasonings and bouillon.
9. Cover the meat mixture tightly and cook for about 1 ½ hours at 325° F.
10. Add vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, celery and green pepper and cook the mixture for about 40 minutes.
11. Add potatoes and cook for another 1o minutes until it gets nicely cooked.
12. Serve as required.