- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Napa Cabbage in Chicken Broth and Water Spinach in Chinese Sauce Recipe Video
|For the napa cabbage|
|Chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Dried scallops||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked|
|Napa cabbage head||1⁄2 Medium|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Shitake mushrooms||2 Small|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|For the water spinach|
|Water spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), chop (into 1 inch pieces)|
|Bean curd||1 Tablespoon (Fermented)|
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg
Sodium 883.2 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 96.9% Vitamin C 105.4%
Calcium 14% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWok
1. In a pan pour oil and sauté the garlic, add the napa cabbage, pour the chicken broth.
2. Stir over high heat, add mushrooms and scallops, cook until the napa cabbage is soft.
3. Once done remove and transfer in a serving plate, drizzle oyster sauce and place the shitake mushrooms and scallops on top.
4. Serve with steamed rice.
FOR THE WATER SPINACH IN CHINESE SAUCE
1. In another pan pour oil and sauté the garlic, add the morning glory stems and sauté it well.
2. In another bowl dilute the fermented bean curd with little water.
3. After few minutes add the morning glory leaves to the pan and stir.
4. Pour the bean curd on the morning glory and stir fry, cover and allow it to cook for 1 minute with the steam.
5. Transfer in a serving plate.
6. Serve with steamed rice.