- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hotchef's Broiled Calamari with Tomatoes and Arugula Recipe Video
|Calamari||7 , cleaned and cut in big pieces|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Arugula||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon wedge||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 779 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1631 mg
Sodium 660.3 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 110 g220.4%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 92.3%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the broiler.
2. Clean the calamari and cut it in big pieces using a sharp knife.
3. In a bowl, place the calamari and add in all the ingredients for marinade toss well to coat allow to marinate.
4. Cut the tomatoes in wedges, remove the seeds and cut in dices.
5. In an oven proof saute pan, put together arugula and tomato.
6. Drizzle the arugula with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper, set aside.
7. Put the marinated calamari in a broiler pan and allow to settle for 5 minutes.
8. Put the calamari under broiler and cook until it curls and gets tender.
9. Remove the calamari from the broiler, and stir it with the arugula mixture.
10. Place the saute pan in the preheated oven for 2 minutes to warm the tomatoes.
11. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.