- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broiled Shrimp with Cilantro Citrus Butter Recipe
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), unseasoned|
|Medium shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||10 Tablespoon, cut into small pieces (1 Stick Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange zest||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cilantro||3 Tablespoon|
|Shredded romaine lettuce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2559 Calories from Fat 1518
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 172 g264.8%
Saturated Fat 85.7 g428.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1568.2 mg
Sodium 2457.2 mg102.4%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g51%
Sugars 36.2 g
Protein 156 g312%
Vitamin A 177.7% Vitamin C 338.8%
Calcium 64.8% Iron 124%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a small bowl, blend the curry powder and 1 teaspoon of the hot pepper sauce. Add the egg and beat thoroughly. Place the bread crumbs in a separate small bowl.
3. Dip the shrimp first in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs, coating them evenly. Arrange them in a single layer in the prepared roasting pan, leaving space between them. Drizzle the breaded shrimp with the oil and dot with 4 tablespoons of the butter.
4. Broil the shrimp, turning once, for 7 minutes, or until cooked through and golden. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
5. Place the roasting pan on top of the stove over low heat. Add the orange and lime juices, orange zest, cilantro, honey, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons butter a piece at a time, stirring well to incorporate each piece.
6. Surround the shrimp with the shredded lettuce and serve the sauce on the side.