- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broiled Ruby Reds Recipe
|Texas red grapefruits||2 Medium (ruby red)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Imperial)|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Maraschino cherries||4 (to garnish)|
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 0.92 g1.8%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 82.3%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a grapefruit knife, loosen each section of grapefruit.
2. In a bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon
3. Sprinkle over the grape fruits.
4. Place the grapefruits under a broiler and allow the sugar and fruit to cook until lightly caramelized.
5. Top the grapefruits with coconut and return under broiler for another few minutes until coconut is lightly golden and toasted.
6. Place grapefruit on serving plates or in coupes.
7. Garnish with cherries and serve.