- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Broiled Mushrooms Recipe
|Mushrooms||1 Medium, wiped clean and stemmed|
|Melted butter/Margarine / cooking oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.1 mg
Sodium 327 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 0.12 g0.04%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.33 g0.65%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 0.13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, place the mushrooms.
2. Drizzle melted butter or oil over them and toss to coat well.
3. Cover the bowl with a kitchen napkin and set aside for 30 minutes, tossing the bowl occasionally to keep mushrooms coated.
4. Preheat broiler.
5. Arrange mushrooms, stem side down in a baking dish or on a broiler rack.
6. Brush lightly with butter or oil left in the bowl
7. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes until golden
8. Turn caps, baste with butter or oil, and broil 3 minutes longer until fork tender.
9. Season them with salt and pepper.
10. Serve in a bowl or dish or serve along with main dish on the plate.
11. You can use the mushrooms to make a warm salad or slice and use for garnish.