- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broiled Mackerel with Onion Slices Recipe
|Onions||3 , sliced|
Calories 1025 Calories from Fat 623
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.5%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 333.6 mg
Sodium 413.2 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 86 g171.1%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 8% Iron 42.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean the mackerel but not split.
2) Rub the inside with salt.
3) With a sharp knife, make several slits on each side of the fish.
4) In each slit on the top side, place a slice of onion and a dot of butter.
5) Place fish in preheated broiling compartment, about 6 inches from source of heat.
6) Broil the fish for 3 minutes, turn over and place onion slices and dots of butter on the slit.
7) Broil 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
8) Serve over bed of greens.