- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Broccoli Soup With Cheddar Croutons Recipe Video
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chicken stock||1 Quart|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.1 mg17.4%
Sodium 682.8 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 169.2%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Toast the bread slices and top it with the grated cheese.
2) Torch the cheese for a few minutes to melt it.
3) In a 4 quart saucepan placed over heat, add the butter and crushed garlic.
4) Turn the heat to high, stir the ingredients for about 15 seconds and then add the stock.
5) Once the stock starts to boil, add the broccoli. Keep the heat on high.
6) Stir lightly and let the ingredients cook.
7) Let the soup simmer for about 8 minutes.
8) Lower the heat and with an hand blender, blend the soup for a few minutes.
9) Spice the soup with salt and red pepper. Top with the cream and blend once again.
10) Put the soup in a soup bowl and top with the toasted cheddar bread slice. Serve right away. Makes an excellent appetizer.