- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Broccoli Pickle Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 618.9 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.8%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 87.2% Vitamin C 1040.7%
Calcium 33% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the florets from the stems with a knife and cut them into bite sized pieces by cutting lengthwise into halves or quarters.
2. Remove the tough bottom ends of the stems and skin off the rough parts. Then cut them into bite sized pieces.
3. Rinse and drain the broccoli florets and stems and put them into a strainer over a large bowl.
To make pickle juice:
4. Put 5 cups of water, ¼ cup of salt, ¼ cup of sugar and ½ cup of vinegar into a pot and bring to a boil.
5. When the pickle juice boils, pour it over the broccoli little by little to blanch. The hot boiling juice will go through the strainer and gather in the bowl under the strainer.
6. Immerse the blanched broccoli into icy cold water to keep its bright green color and strain it.
7. Put the broccoli into a glass jar and wait until the pickle juice cools down.
8. After the juice cools, pour it into the jar and close the lid.
9. Store it in the refrigerator and use as desired.