- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli with Wine Sauce Recipe
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chablis/Other dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Pound|
|Broccoli||2 Pound (2 Bunch, 1 Pound Each)|
|Pimiento strip||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.2 mg
Sodium 108 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 99.7%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add mayonnaise, wine, lemon juice, and curry powder.
2) Gently heat and cook till well heated, but not boiling.
3) Trim off large leaves of broccoli, and cut off the tough stalk ends.
4) Wash the broccoli, and separate into spears.
5) In a little boiling water, add the broccoli, and cook for 10 minutes, covered, till tender.
6) Place the spears on a platter with flowerets facing the edge of the platter.
7) Add the sauce down the center of the spears.
8) Garnish with pimiento strips.