- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli With A Twist Recipe
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Broccoli flowerets||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Chopped red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||12 , cooked crisp and crumbled|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 462
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.9%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.7 mg
Sodium 337.5 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 96%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and lemon juice to combine properly.
2) Cover the bowl and place inside refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill.
3) In a large bowl, place broccoli flowerets.
4) Fold in raisins, pecans, onion, and bacon and gently mix the ingredients.
5) Pour the mayonnaise mixture on top.
6) Lightly toss the salad before serving.
For serving later, cover with a lid and chill inside refrigerator.