- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Swiss Soup Recipe
|Broccoli flowerets/10-ounce package frozen cut broccoli||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded process swiss cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 780 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.9 mg
Sodium 2664.9 mg111%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 34.1 g
Protein 43 g86.8%
Vitamin A 306% Vitamin C 230.6%
Calcium 48.6% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large microwaveable casserole, place 1/4 cups of the chicken broth, the carrot, and onion.
2. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
3 In the microwave, cook the broccoli on 100 per cent power or High for 4 to 6 minutes, till the broccoli is just about tender.
4.Take the casserole out of the microwave, and drain the broccoli.
5. Keep the cooked broccoli aside. In case of frozen broccoli, follow the instructions on the packet to cook.
6. Iin a screw-top jar, pour the remaining broth and add the flour, and pepper.
7. Cover the jar and shake well to mix the ingredients. Keep aside.
8. In a large microwaveable casserole, place the potatoes, water, onion, bouillon granules, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
9. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
10. In the microwave, cook themixture on 100 per cent power or High for 3 to 5 minutes, till the carrot is just about tender .
11. Take the casserole out of the microwave, and add the flour mixture and milk.
12. Stir them together to mix well.
13. Place the casserole back in the microwave. Do not cover.
14. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 7 to 9 minutes more, till it is bubbly, stirring once every minute till it starts thieckening, and thereafter every 30 seconds.
15. Continue cooking for 1 more minute
16. Take the casserole out of the microwave, and add the shredded cheese and the cooked broccoli.
17. Stir everything together to mix well.
18. Place the casserole back in the microwave. Do not cover.
19. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 1 minute or so, till it is heated through.
20. Serve hot in soup bowls.