- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Soup With Cumin And Scallops Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Broccoli||1 Pound, florets cut off, stems peeled and cut into 1 inch lengths (500 Gram)|
|Leeks||2 , split, washed thoroughly to remove all grit, and thinly sliced|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh thyme/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Ground cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||4 Fluid Ounce (12.5 Centiliter)|
|Queen scallops||8 Ounce, firm white connective tissue removed (250 Gram)|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.6 mg
Sodium 394.5 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 36.4% Vitamin C 151.7%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 4 litre (7 pint) casserole add half of the butter.
2) Mix broccoli, leeks, potato, garlic, thyme and some pepper.
3) Cover casserole with a lid or plastic film. Microwave the vegetables on high for 5 minutes.
4) Sprinkle salt and stir in stock, 3/4 litre (1 1/4 pints) of water and add cumin.
5) Cover loosely leaving a corner open for steam to escape.
6) Microwave on high for 15 minutes, stirring after every 5 minutes.
7) Mix lemon juice and cook on high for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
8) Let stand for 10 minutes.
9) In a blender or food processor add the mixture in batches and puree until smooth.
10) Transfer to the casserole.
11) Add cream and stir.
12) Microwave the mixture on high for about 2 minutes.
13) In a bowl, microwave remaining butter on high for about 30 seconds.
14) Stir in scallops and cook on high for 30 seconds. Stir the scallops once again and cook for about 30 seconds.
15) In individual soup plates ladle the hot puree.
16) Garnish with scallops.
17) Serve the soup immediately.