- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Soup Recipe Video
|Water||1 1⁄2 Liter|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almond||3 , halved (2-3)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg
Sodium 143.8 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 167.5%
Calcium 7% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Discard the stem, and cut broccoli as shown in the video.
2. Put it into a strainer, and wash it thoroughly with cold water.
3. Take a pot and fill it with water. Place it on high heat, and let it boil rapidly. This will help broccoli to retain its color.
4. Drop broccoli pieces in pot, and cover it with lid so that the water quickly comes back to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Turn off heat.
5. In blender, put cooked broccoli florets. Do not fill the blender too much. It should be only 2/3 of the way up.
6. Pour heavy cream in blender.
7. Add broccoli stock. Pulse. If your soup is thick you can add more stock depending on the consistency you like.
8. Season with pepper and salt. Pulse. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
9. Pour it into a warm bowl. Sprinkle olive oil and almonds on top.
10. Serve broccoli soup with garlic toast.
You can use milk or whole milk instead of heavy cream, depending on the richness you want.