- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Soup Recipe
|Broccoli stalks||3 Pound (3 Large)|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1761 Calories from Fat 1235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g216.5%
Saturated Fat 85.9 g429.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 464.2 mg
Sodium 2778 mg115.8%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 54 g108%
Vitamin A 404.2% Vitamin C 2140.9%
Calcium 97.3% Iron 70.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the carrot, onion and celery.
2. Take a large pot and sauté these vegetables over butter at medium heat for 5 minutes or until they change the color to golden. Stir them occasionally during the cooking period.
3. Clean the broccolis by washing them Nip off their buds, peel of the stalks, chop them coarsely.
4. Add the chopped stalks to the pot along with sautéed vegetables and chicken broth.
5. Boil the mixture.
6. Simmer for about 15 minutes by lowering the heat.
7. Fold in the broccoli buds.
8. Cook for additional 5 minutes until the buds go soft.
9. Use slotted spoon, take off half of the buds, and keep them aside for garnishing.
10. Add the soup to the blender and puree it. Pass the soup through a food mill.
11. Cool it and don’t cover it during the cooling time.
12. Fold in cream and chill for 4 hours or more.
13. Add pepper and salt for the seasoning.
14. Serve it hot.