- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Rice Bake Recipe
|Brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked, cooled (About 1/2 Cup Raw)|
|Broccoli||1 Pound (Untrimmed)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.3 mg
Sodium 588.1 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 115.6%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) Trim the broccoli, break into flowerets and cut stalks into 1-inch pieces. Steam until just tender and keep aside.
3) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the cheese until shredded, keep aside.
4) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped.
5) In a small skillet, saute the onion in 2 tablespoons butter over a medium-high heat until soft, stir in salt and pepper.
6) Process the broccoli until coarsely chopped.
7) In a large mixing bowl, add the cheese rice, broccoli and onion together, toss well to mix.
8) Process the eggs in the processor bowl for 5 seconds. With machine running, pour in milk, then turn off as soon as the milk is added.
9) Pour into the broccoli mixture and stir gently to mix.
10) In a greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan, spread the mixture and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the custard is set.
Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
11) Slice into squares and serve immediately on individual serving plates.