- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Quiche With High Fiber Bread Crust Recipe
|Bread slice||6 , cut in half diagonally (High-Fiber Or Diet)|
|Polyunsaturated margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Chopped broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.3 mg
Sodium 1705.5 mg71.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 87.8%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Flatten the bread with a rolling pin and arrange the bread triangles in an 8-inch pie pan in a whirl fashion.
3) Apply melted margarine and sprinkle with the parika, salt and pepper.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes until golden.
5) In a saucepan, mix the bouillon, water and broccoli, then cover and simmer until the broccoli is just soft.
6) Drain the broccoli, spread over the crust and reserve the cooking liquid
7) Beat the milk, cooking liquid and eggs together, then pour the mixture over the broccoli.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour until golden brown.
9) Serve in a nice plate.