- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Quiche With High Fiber Bread Crust Recipe
|Bread slice||6 , cut in half diagonally (High-Fiber Or Diet)|
|Polyunsaturated margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Chopped broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Beef bouillon||1 Tablespoon (1 Cube Or Envelope)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.1 mg
Sodium 521.7 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 87.8%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Flatten the bread with a rolling pin and arrange the bread triangles in an 8-inch pie pan in a whirl fashion.
3) Apply melted margarine and sprinkle with the parika, salt and pepper.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes until golden.
5) In a saucepan, mix the bouillon, water and broccoli, then cover and simmer until the broccoli is just soft.
6) Drain the broccoli, spread over the crust and reserve the cooking liquid
7) Beat the milk, cooking liquid and eggs together, then pour the mixture over the broccoli.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour until golden brown.
9) Serve in a nice plate.