- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Penne Recipe Video
|Broccoli||2 (cut into large pieces)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1 Pinch|
|Green bell pepper||1 Pinch|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Half a sprig, Fresh)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Reduced to about 2-3 Tbs.)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Pasta water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canadian bacon||1 Ounce (1 slice, for topping)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for topping)|
|Almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for topping)|
|Egg||1 (for topping)|
|Penne pasta||1⁄2 Box|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.8 mg
Sodium 412.9 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.4%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 94.1% Vitamin C 230.4%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Toss broccoli with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast broccoli at 400F for 20 minutes.
2. While the broccoli is in the oven, grate the carrots.
3. Halfway through the cooking time of the broccoli, add grated carrots (also tossed with a bit of oil, salt, and pepper).
4. While the broccoli and carrots finish cooking, cook and drain pasta, reduce balsamic vinegar (watch carefully so it doesn’t burn), and cook bacon.
1. Whisk together the mustard, reduced balsamic vinegar, herbs, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, pepper. 2. Stream in 2-3 T olive oil as you whisk, then add the pasta water.
3. Right before serving, fry the egg(s) (I cooked mine covered so the top would set quicker).
4. Combine pasta, sauce, and veggies. Top with an egg.
1. In addition to the egg, serve with a halved piece of bacon, the almonds, and the parmesan cheese.