- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Frittata (Kookoo e Broccoli) Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Broccoli||1 Pound, cut into florets|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Bell pepper||1 , seeded, chopped finely|
|Cooking spray||3 Dash|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.9 mg48.3%
Sodium 169.5 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.4%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 149.4%
Calcium 9% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwave safe bowl, put the broccoli florets and microwave them covered for 2 minutes. Allow them to cool and chop them to small pieces. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
3. Take a muffin tray and spray cooking spray.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add onion and sauté till translucent. Put in garlic and continue sautéing for another minute till it is fragrant.
5. Add the broccoli, season with salt and black pepper powder to taste. Mix well and turn off the heat.
6. In a large bowl, break the eggs and beat till frothy. Add turmeric and continue beating till incorporated.
7. Fill each greased muffin groove with broccoli mixture. Top it with bell pepper pieces. Pour the frothy egg mixture over it to fill and cover it with the froth. Finish mozzarella cheese on top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let it sit for a few minutes.
9. In a serving plate, serve it warm.