- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Corn Bake Recipe
|Whole wheat crackers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed (Use 6 Pieces)|
|Frozen broccoli packets||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut (Loose Pack)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Whole wheat crackers||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), crushed (Use 8 Pieces)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned cream-style corn||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.7 mg
Sodium 524.6 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 6-ounce custard cup add butter or margarine. Cook on 100% power (high) for 30 to 40 seconds until melted.
2) Add to the 1/4 cup crushed whole wheat crackers and toss to coat. Keep aside.
3) In a 1-quart casserole or a medium bowl add broccoli, onion and cover with water.
4) Cook covered on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Drain and keep aside.
6) Arrange broccoli and onion at the base of a 6-cup ring mold.
7) Add egg, the 1/2 cup crushed crackers, milk, thyme, and pepper.
8) Mix com.
9) Pour the mixture over broccoli and spread evenly.
10) Cook on 70% power (medium-high) for 9 to 11 minutes turning the mold once.
11) Sprinkle crushed cracker mixture over it.