- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Chicken Stew Recipe
|Chicken thighs||3 Pound, skinned (12 In Number)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian salad dressing mix||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, medium, peeled and cubed to make 3 cups|
|Frozen onions||10 Ounce (Small Ones, 12 Of A 20 Ounce Package, 2 Cups)|
|Broccoli||10 Ounce, frozen and cut (1 Package)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into cubes|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||5 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 282.8 mg94.3%
Sodium 778.4 mg32.4%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 75 g150.5%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 216.5%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan heat oil and slowly brown chicken thighs, half at a time.
2. Remove chicken and drain off the fat from the pan.
3. In the same pan combine together the dry salad dressing mix and salt, 3 cups water, wine, and catsup and return the browned chicken thighs to pan; boil the mixture.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add potatoes and frozen onions; simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.
6. Add frozen broccoli, the green pepper, and mushrooms; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes longer or till vegetables are tender.
7. Stir in the 1/2-cup cold water and the flour and cook till mixture is thick and bubbly stirring constantly.
8. Arrange the stew into individual bowl and serve hot with garlic bread.