- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Cheese Soup from page 54 of Rosalie Serving Country Recipe Video
|Broccoli florets||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Kitchen basic)|
|Chicken bullion||5 Gram|
|For the cheese sauce|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Half and half||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Velveeta cheese||10 Ounce|
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.2%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.7 mg50.9%
Sodium 1683.4 mg70.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 26 g51%
Vitamin A 106.6% Vitamin C 44.5%
Calcium 68.6% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedElectric skillet
1. Clean and wash the broccoli florets and shred the carrots, keep it aside.
2. In a large pan cook the broccoli florets along with the carrots, chicken stock and chicken bullion, cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Once done remove and keep it aside in a bowl.
4. In the same skillet melt the butter and add the flour, once the flour has cooked add the half and half one at a time and mix everything well.
5. Once the sauce thickens, add the Velveeta let it melt and then add the broccoli and carrots.
6. Serve the Creamy Broccoli Carrot Cheese Soup along with a chicken sandwich.