- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe Video
|Butter||10 Tablespoon, melted (2 tbsp. for sauteing onion)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half and half||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Carrot||2 , julienned|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||16 Ounce|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.6%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.1 mg
Sodium 635.1 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A 70.4% Vitamin C 73.9%
Calcium 45.9% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet melt the butter and sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
2. Heat a casserole, melt the butter and whisk flour over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add in half and half. Pour in the chicken stock, still whisking.
3. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add in the broccoli, carrots and onion. Cook over low heat until veggies are tender, for 25 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. The soup will have thickened by now.
6. With immersion blender make puree. Add in the cheese and return soup to the stove cook on low heat. Add in the nutmeg and mix well.
7. Serve Broccoli Cheddar Soup with your favorite bread and enjoy!