- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Au Gratin Recipe
|Frozen broccoli spears||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese/Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (Swiss Or Cheddar)|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.8 mg
Sodium 263 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the broccoli and keep aside.
2. In a 1-quart casserole, place 2 tablespoon butter.
3. In the microwave, heat the butter for 45 to 60 seconds at High to melt.
4. First, mix the flour, salt and pepper and then blend in the milk.
5. In the microwave, cook for 4 to 5 minutes at Power 7 or Medium-High, until thickened, stirring twice.
6. Mix the cheese and stir till it melts.
7. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and turn to coat.
8. In a small bowl, place the rest of the butter.
9. In the microwave, heat the butter for 45 to 60 seconds at High to melt.
10. Add the bread crumbs and stir them in.
11. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the broccoli.
12. In the microwave, cook the broccoli for 2 minutes at High.
13. Serve hot.