- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Au Gratin Recipe
|Broccoli||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|White sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1314 Calories from Fat 851
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.6%
Saturated Fat 53.3 g266.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.5 mg
Sodium 7339.3 mg305.8%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.4%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 142.3% Vitamin C 1015.9%
Calcium 79.5% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut all the coarse leaves from broccoli, tream the stalks, and wash.
2) Preheat boiler.
3) In a saucepan boil water.
4) Add salt, and then add in broccoli.
5) Boil the water, and let it simmer for 5-12 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
6) Take a shallow gratin dish, drain broccoli, and arrange.
7) Coat broccoli with sauce.
8) In a pan, melt butter, mix breadcrumb and spread over the broccoli.
9) Brush the remaining butter, season with pepper, and keep in boiler until crumbs turn brown.
10) Check seasoning and serve.