- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli and Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
|Baking potatoes||6 , washed and patted dry|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Broccoli||1 Pound, separated into florets and stems|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2050 Calories from Fat 1006
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g174.9%
Saturated Fat 61 g305%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 253.6 mg
Sodium 1706.4 mg71.1%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65.1%
Dietary Fiber 23.6 g94.4%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 71 g141.8%
Vitamin A 121.7% Vitamin C 759.1%
Calcium 163.7% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Bake the potatoes for an hour after rubbing shortening over them. Prick them with fork after half an hour of cooking.
3. Take a saucepan of salted water and boil the broccolis in it until they become soft.
4. Drain and run the broccolis under the cold water.
5. Drain broccolis and cut them coarsely.
6. Slit a lengthwise slice from the top of each baked potato, create a cross in the pulp and slice it in circumference.
7. Take out the pulp from potatoes by excluding the ½ inch shells.
8. Force the potatoes through ricer or mash them.
9. Combine them with milk, salt, pepper, butter and beat the mixture until it becomes fluffy.
10. Add broccoli, cheese and spoon the filling in the shells.
11. Bake the potatoes for about 10-20 minutes until they are thoroughly heated.
12. Potatoes can be prepared and store atleast 24 hours before baking. Before baking they should be brought to room temperature.
13. Serve as required.