- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli And Cauliflower Pate Recipe
|Peanut oil||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Cauliflower florets||1⁄2 Pound, divided|
|Cauliflower florets||1⁄2 Pound, divided into florets and rinsed (225 Gram)|
|Onion||4 Ounce, chopped (100 Gram)|
|Potato||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Green pepper||1 , de-seeded and chopped|
|Paprika pepper||To Taste (1 Can)|
|Red pepper||1 , de-seeded and chopped|
|Potato||1⁄2 Pound, peeled, washed and cut into small cubes|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Tomato puree||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Broccoli||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Cheese curd||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1972 Calories from Fat 1411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g245.3%
Saturated Fat 39.7 g198.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 713.5 mg
Sodium 1140.2 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.8%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 55 g110.1%
Vitamin A 72.7% Vitamin C 628.9%
Calcium 81.4% Iron 51.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan, heat the oil
2. Tip in the cauliflower, onion, peppers and potato cubes for 5 minutes
3. Add the spices to the stir fry and cook
4. Pour in the tomato puree and mix well
5. Pour in 1 pint (600 ml / 2 1/2 cups) water and boil for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
6. Drain the vegetables
7. Reserve the cooking liquid.
8. To the cooking liquid of the vegetables, add the broccoli and boil on high for 12 minutes
9. Remove the liquid
10. Pour the liquid into a blender goblet
11. Add to it the lemon juice and rind, the garlic and curd cheese.
12. Blend till it is a thin puree
13. Blend this into the cauliflower and potato mixture.
14. Beat the eggs and stir them into the mixture. Add salt to taste.
15. Dice or roughly chop the broccoli and stir it into the mixture.
16. Tip the mixture into earthenware container of 1 pint (600 ml / 2 1/2 cups) capacity.
17. Sprinkle the grated cheese on the top.
18. Bake at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6) for 45 minutes
19. Cool and chill.
20. Serve with fresh wholemeal bread or hot toast.