- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broad Bean Wine Recipe
|Shelled broad beans||4 Pound (Old)|
|Sugar||2 3⁄4 Pound|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon, hock|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6788 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 471.9 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1665 g555%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 1313.4 g
Protein 149 g298.1%
Vitamin A 121.2% Vitamin C 192.4%
Calcium 78.1% Iron 172.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, simmer chopped beans in water for about 1 hour.
2. Into a large bowl, using a nylon sieve or muslin, strain the mixture and add sugar and chopped sultanas; stir well.
3. When the solution is cooled down, stir in lemon juice, yeasts and nutrient.
4. Cover the bowl tightly and keep aside in a warm place for 4-5 days.
5. Using a thick cloth, strain the liquids; squeeze gently.
6. Into a fermentation jar, pour the solution and fill up to the neck.
7. When the wine is clear, rack into Champagne bottles.
8. Serve Broad Bean Wine in a wine glass and enjoy.