- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brisket and Vegetables Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, peeled, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled, chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Small onions||1 Pound, peeled|
|Carrots||6 Medium, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch strips|
Calories 1045 Calories from Fat 652
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.2%
Saturated Fat 28.5 g142.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257 mg
Sodium 972.7 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 72 g143.6%
Vitamin A 244.5% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 8% Iron 38.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, halve or roll and place the brisket along with the chopped onion, carrot, bay leaf, thyme, water and salt.
2) Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours, then remove and keep warm.
3) In the slow cooker place the small onions and carrot strips.
4) Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 to 2 hours.
5) Place the brisket on the serving platter, surround with the vegetables and serve immediately.