- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brioche Rolls Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, softened|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted (To Grease 12 Molds)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten with a little water for glaze|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.2 mg
Sodium 112.1 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
2. Into a large warm bowl, sift flour, sugar and salt.
3. Beat eggs with lukewarm milk and stir in vanilla
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F before baking the bread.
5. Make a well in the center the flour mixture and
6. Add dissolved yeast and liquid mixture into the well and mix well using a wooden spoon to make a sticky dough
7. Add half the softened butter, and beat until dough is smooth.
8. Grease surface of dough with remaining butter.
9. Cover bowl with a clean cloth and set aside in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours to ferment and doubled in volume.
10. Punch dough down to knock out air and knead vigorously for 5 minutes with floured hand, until dough no longer sticks to sides of bowl.
11. Cover bowl tightly with a sheet of foil and refrigerate overnight.
12. Grease 12 individual brioche molds with melted butter.
13. Turn dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth.
14. Weigh dough and cut off a quarter and keep aside.
15. Divide remaining dough into 12 equal pieces.
16. Roll each piece into a ball and place it in prepared mold.
17. Divide the reserved dough into 12 portions and roll into smaller balls.
18. With your thumb make an indent in the dough in the mold.
19. Press one small ball into the dough.
20. Place molds on a baking sheet and let brioches rise again for 30 minutes until they rise above rim of the mold.
21. Brush them with egg wash.
22. Bake breads for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden
23. Remove from oven, turn out from mold and leave to cool on a wire rack.
24. Serve the brioches warm with butter, preserves or cream cheese if you like.