- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brioche - Breakfast Sweet Bread Recipe
|White bread flour||8 Ounce|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||6 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2289 Calories from Fat 1351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g236.3%
Saturated Fat 91.5 g457.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 847.9 mg
Sodium 2130.8 mg88.8%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g61.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g31%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 45 g90.7%
Vitamin A 96.2% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 450°F, 230°C, Gas Mark 8,
2. In a large bowl, place 2 oz flour in a warm bowl and add the yeast. Pour in a little water and then cream it to let it rise.
3. This forms a little ball of dough which is to be placed into a bowl of warm water where it will expand and form a sponge.
4. Pour in the rest of the flour into a bowl and beat in eggs thoroughly.
5. Slowly pour in the butter, salt and sugar to the mixture and continue whisking till the mixture is homogenous. Mix the yeast sponge removed from water and mix well again.
6. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set it aside to prove for 2 hours. Then punch the dough down and then knead dough again and leave in cool place overnight.
7. Fill the dough into the castle pudding tins and set aside to prove in 30 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes and set aside to cool.
8. Serve warm with clotted custard or pack in polythene bags for later.